Friday, January 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Spent Grain Cookies

Photobucket

When I made these chocolate-chip and pumpkin spent grain cookies, I considered that I would soon experiment with making them into an all peanut butter cookie using only spent grain rather than a mix of spent grain and oatmeal. 

Well dear readers, I have made a Spent Grain Peanut Butter Cookie and it was fantastic! (If not entirely overloaded with fiber ^.~)

As should be expected, I'm loving these grains and the way they are motivating me to continue creating and experimenting in the kitchen, especially in the baking department. There is something entirely satisfying about creating your own cookie recipe, empowering really, but maybe that's just me...

Ingredients/Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 Fahrenheit (177 Celsius) Combine 2 sticks butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 3/4 cups white sugar until fluffy.  Add 3/4 - 1 cup peanut butter depending on flavor preference, 2 eggs and 1 tsp. vanilla and beat until combined. Add 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder, shake of cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg (if you so desire). Stir in 3 cups of Spent Grains (drained of moisture to the best of your ability. Also note, I used 4 cups because that's the amount I have frozen per bag, that just requires me to use more flour to gain the consistency necessary). If the dough is too wet and sticky at this point (because generally spent grains hold a bit of moisture) add some flour and mix until you acquire a dough that can hold it's shape and isn't too wet. If you wish, you can stir in some chocolate chips or nuts or whatever your heart desires and finally plop dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown and beautiful.

For me, these cookies were incredibly delecate and remained soft the entire week or two we had them within our reach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...