Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tomato and Basil Quinoa Salad


Photobucket

I had a bit of prepared quinoa left over after this recent casserole and spent some time considering what exciting things I could throw together. I had initially pictured a simple breakfast of a fried egg and fresh torn basil atop a pile of quinoa but soon had some tomatoes on hand.

So, I threw together a quick tomato, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar 'salad', let it set over night and threw it on top of this chilled quinoa grains - mixed it up and what do you know, threw an egg on top for a delicious, light and perfect dinner for a warm, Korean summer evening!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe I missed something, but were you able to get the quinoa here? I've never seen it in Korea before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, followed the link and see that you got it from someone else who was leaving. Hm. Guess it's still not available here, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not sure where my friends got is, perhaps in Seoul or perhaps in a care package from home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...