Sunday, May 6, 2012

My First Blueberry Pie

Photobucket
My goal throughout May, and kind of throughout the upcoming 'golden year' is to master making Pie's. I have some habits that I believe are a bit grandmotherly ~ early to bed, early to rise, no desire to watch TV, a love for canning and preserving, making things from scratch, etc. But, the true mark of a perfect grandmother is a perfectly flaky pie crust - something I have not mastered, because in general, I'm not big on Pie. However, take me to the other side of the world where Pie is hard to find and delicious pie even harder and suddenly I want nothing more than a perfect piece of pie and I'm the only one who is capable of meeting that desire.


Ingredients/Directions :
From Amy Sedaris' I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence

Mix 3 Tbsp. flour, 1 cup Sugar, and 1/8 tsp. Salt in a bowl. Add 4 cups fresh or frozen Blueberries, 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. Vanilla, and 2 tsp. Cinnamon - toss well. Pour into pie shell and dot with butter. Cover with top crust. Crimp of flute and cut several vents. Bake at 425 (218) for 10 minutes then turn down to 350 (177), cover edge with aluminum foil to prevent burning and bake for 30-45 minutes. Enjoy fresh out of the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...