Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Orange Creamsicle Rice Pudding

I've been really diggin' on Rice Pudding lately. It's just so warm and fluffy and comforting. And easy. And creamy.

There's been a few Pinterest posts of Orange Creamsicle inspired dishes, and that my dear friends, got me to thinking.

With some day old rice and a lone orange sitting on our counter tops I was quick to get out a sauce pan and start grating the orange peel. And I'm oh-so-glad I did!


Photobucket

Ingredients/Directions:

In a small pot combine 1 1/2 cups cooked Rice, 1 1/2 cups Milk, 1/3 cups Sugar (I used brown, most recipes call for white) and 1/4 tsp. Salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15-20 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, 1 Egg, beaten and the zest of One Orange. Cook an additional minute. Before serving remove from heat and stir in 1 Tbsp. Butter and 1/2 tsp. Vanilla. If you have some white chocolate, I think it'd be divine on top in shreds or small chunks. Or, if you want to up the sweetness factor, I think a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk would be heavenly. Even without those additions, this is a warm dessert that is sure to please!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...