Sunday, October 16, 2011

Nutella Oatmeal Banana Bread

Photobucket

Remember this?

Well...I wanted banana bread. Wanted the joy of Nutella IN my banana bread. AND wanted to make a recipe from one of my Kindle Cookbooks...because it makes me feel cool, and happy to have a Kindle with Cookbooks.  Because I love Cookbooks.  And every cookbook on my Kindle was free.  And I really love free.

So from the 'pages' of the Gooseberry Patch Thanksgiving Cookbook (cooklet) comes Banana and Walnut Bread minus the Walnuts and Blueberries, plus Nutella.

Ingredients/Directions:

In a large bowl cream together 1/2 cup Butter and 1 cup Sugar.  Add 2 Eggs, one at a time and mix well after each addition; stir in 1 cup of Mashed Banana.  In separate bowl (or not, depending on your perfectionist streak) sift together 1 1/2 cups Flour, 1 tsp. Baking Soda, 1/4 tsp. Salt and 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon.  Fold in 1/2 cup Quick-Cooking Oats (uncooked).  Mix dry with wet if necessary, just until moistened.  Pour half the batter into a greased bread loaf pan, plop in 2-3 spoonfuls of Nutella, swirl, pour in rest of batter, plop in 2-3 more spoonfuls of Nutella, swirl and bake. 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes until center is done. Enjoy with a glass of milk, for breakfast and/or dessert and/or after-school snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...