Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hoppin' Johns Bi-bim-bap

Photobucket

I'm not a southerner...so I'm not an expert on Hoppin Johns. I believe it is eaten for New Years and should include Collard Greens, so actually, my Bi-bim-bap is missing some green...but that's just because I was to lazy to make my way to the market ^.^ Another crucial aspect of Hoppin Johns is Black-Eyed Peas, I had that.

Now, about Bi-bim-bap...it's a Korean dish and it's LOVELY! Basic idea: Rice, Thinly Sliced Veggies, Red Pepper Paste and a Fried Egg. If you know me and my household very well, you know that if you can top it with a fried egg, we're all in!

Now, combining these two ideas is quite simple...You will need:

Prepared Rice.
Diced Tomatoes.
Prepared/Canned Black-Eyed Peas.
Sauted Onions and Garlic.
Fresh or Wilted Spinach, Collard Greens, etc.
Salt and Pepper for flavor.
One Fried Egg.

Mix all except the fried egg together, and throw an egg on top - or, you can serve it more like traditional bi-bim-bap with rice on the bottom, tomatoes, greens, onions and black eyed peas on in the middle and a fried egg on top - mix it together with a spoon and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...