Friday, January 21, 2011

Tortilla Roll-Ups

To bring in the New Year I worked out a bit of innovation and good ole tradition to put forth these tortilla wraps which I believe my mother first made famous.

The 'original' recipe is a simple compiliation of:

Cream Cheese
Refried Beans
Salsa

mixed together, then spread evenly on a tortilla which is then rolled up, chilled for at least an hour before being sliced to create an adorable pinwheel shape. This is what I wanted to contribute to our New Years Eve celebration. I was missing however, 2 of the 3 ingredients.

Photobucket


The 'innovation' recipe then was a compiliation of:

Mozzarella Cheese
Left over Chili (drained of excess liquid)
Salsa

mixed in much the same way although taking a bit more care in heating the chili, using an immersion blender to gain a more 'refried' like texture, mixing the cheese with the warm beans for a more 'cream' cheese like concept and finally adding salsa. They turned out wonderful and fulfilled my every desire to have a fabulous treat from home for the New Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...