Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes

Photobucket

I didn't know I loved sweet potatoes until my first Thanksgiving out of the country in 2005 when I had the great joy of dressing up as an Indian, enjoying a Thanksgiving feast with a couple of sorority sisters and a crew of Welsh men and women.  Therefore, as Thanksgiving in Korea rolled around, I knew I wanted to share this food tradition specifically.

Having just received a cookbook from dear and lovely friends back home, I was eager to put the slow cooker to use!

Ingredients:

6-8 med. Sweet Potatoes
Salt
1/4 cup Butter
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
Nutmeg
Cinnamon
Milk and Orange Juice -- sufficient to make potatoes 'creamy'

Directions:

Boil potatoes with salt, add butter, milk and orange juice - mash. Continue adding orange juice until you reach desired consistency. Mix in sugar and spice and everything nice, place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high. May add walnuts or marshmallows if you so desire. Enjoy while in the company of numerous expats, dear friends, and/or family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...