Thursday, October 7, 2010

Slow Cooked Banana Bread





My desire upon arriving in our Asian kitchen was to conquer baking. The Korean kitchen does not often house an oven. Stove-top yes. Oven no. Many choose to avoid baking or purchase a toaster oven. However, toaster ovens are pricey and kind of small. I took about 5 minutes to consider my baking desire, our financial desires and within those 5 minutes I'd decided a crockpot was cheaper, had more uses and provided a few more challenges that I was anxious to take on! So, after Frito Pie came Banana Bread in the Slow Cooker.


Now, I must mention, I DID NOT conquer this in the most perfect manner. I was a bit...extremely...impatient. Therefore, my bread was doughy and a little burned on the edges - but I'm confident it's only because I wanted a haircut more than perfect Banana Bread
^_^


Ingredients:
2 cups Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 cups Mashed Ripe Banana


Directions:
Preheat crock on high. Mix ingredients together. Grease the sides of the crock-pot. Pour the dough into the crockpot (should fill up about 2 - 2.5 inches evenly). Bake bread for about 2.5 to 3 (maybe 4) hours until bread is cooked through. [Many websites recommend propping the lid open a tad to let some of the moisture out -- good idea. Many also suggest using a loaf pan - You can see how it's done here.]

Enjoy the bread for breakfast or as the perfect Settlers of Catan snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...